Mother’s day is quickly approaching so we thought we’d help you celebrate. We’ve got some great gift ideas. Dad you can help younger children make this mother’s day fabulous and older children can do these projects on their own.
How about starting her special day with breakfast in bed?
You can make a simple but elegant breakfast of pancakes and fresh fruit, French toast and fresh fruit, or scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and toast. Be sure you decorate the tray with a nice small bouquet of flowers that won’t overpower the tray, but will make it look very pretty for mom.
We found a nice project that you can make for mom to accompany her mother’s day breakfast. www.mother’sdaycentral.com has great craft ideas for Mother’s Day gifts. We’re going to tell you how to make a butterfly card for mom.
Things you will need
- Color cardstock paper
- Transparent green paper
- Colored 1/8″ ribbon
- 1 medium-size button
- 1 Artificial Butterfly
- Padded – double-sided tape
- Patterned design paper
- Colored small round beads
- Glue or glue gun
- 1 Small tree branch
What to do
- Cut out a 7″ x 14″ square of colored cardstock and fold it in half.
- Cut out a 4″ x 4″ square of patterned design paper.
- Cut out a 4″ x 4″ square of colored cardstock.
- Glue the 4” x 4” pieces of colored cardstock and design paper together.
- Place double-sided tape on back edges of the colored and design paper.
- Adhere the colored and design square to front of card.
- Draw and cut small leaves with the transparent green paper and fold them in middle.
- Glue the leaves onto the tree branch and glue the round beads at base of leaves and on branches.
- Glue the butterfly onto the tree branch and onto the design paper.
- Glue a medium-sized button onto the front of the card at center edge.
- Cut a 5½” piece of colored ribbon, make a loop and knot the ends. Then cut off excess.
- Wrap the loop over the button and glue the knotted end onto the back of the card.
- Glue 2 small leaves on to the top of the knotted end and a round bead at the base of the leaf.
There are so many options available to make mom a special gift. Happy Mother’s Day Moms from Courtland Building Company, Inc.
Courtland Building Company would love to help you plan your green home, call us today: (281) 932-4494